Brewery tops 2014 East Village stories
Craft brewer Forbidden Root tapped a rich seam last year. EVA backed its plans for a brewery and tap room, now headed toward a May opening.
Curious readers came to the East Village Association website for months preceding a May community vote to allow a tavern license and commercial rezoning at 1746 W. Chicago Ave. Half the 10 most-viewed pages on the site were devoted to the issue.
Two longtime development issues were also in the top 10: apartment plans for the onetime AAA Distributing warehouse at 1850 W. Chicago, and a bid to lure a Trader Joe's grocery to the former Miller Lumber site at 1815 W. Division St.
A site refresh added popular topic pages on EVA, its development review process and a community resource list. Here are EVA's top 10 pages from 2014:
- Chicago Avenue zoning crafts a better community
- Planning, Preservation & Development
- About EVA
- Shopping for solution to Trader Joe's traffic
- Forbidden Root alternatives brewing
- EVA seeks Fifield apartment revisions
- Forbidden Root brewpub vote breaks precedent
- Forbidden Root ready for another round
- Forbidden Root brewery drafts Chicago Avenue bid