Marq at Noble Square apartments proposed for Walton-Noble lot
By Michelle Hayward
East Village Association board of directors meeting
April 10, 2017
Bath House Cultural Center
1019 N. Wolcott Ave.
Planning, Preservation & Development
Brian Foote reported on Marquette Development's neighborhood Q&A session April 10 for the Marq at Noble Square development, proposed at Walton and Noble streets:
- All 1 and 2 bedrooms
- 160 units, 120 parking spaces
- All rentals
- Commissioned traffic study—need to ensure that Milwaukee and Augusta are included in study
- City will review as a Planned Development
Follow-ups: Neighborhood is connected to all 3 wards. Developer only in contact with Ald. Walter Burnett. EVA to follow up with Ald. Brian Hopkins and Proco Joe Moreno.
St. Boniface: Developer Michael Skoulsky told the board he is working toward an April 24 deadline to produce full plans and renderings for Noble and Chestnut. He plans to present details to EVA members May 1. This is to be confirmed.
Construction at the Pure Dairy site, 1938 W. Augusta Blvd., went through Landmarks Commission on April 6.
Parlor Pizza, 1824 W. Division St., has not fulfilled requirements in Pedestrian Streets ordinance requiring an additional tree pit to be installed. This is inconsistent to the overall landscaping of Division Street. The 10-foot-square pits allow for larger trees.
Follow-up: Letter to Raymond Valadez at Moreno's office.Public Safety
Board member is co-chair of West Town Public Safety Committee, a joint committee of EVA, Chicago Grand Neighbors Association, Ukrainian Village Neighborhood Association and West Town Neighbors Association. The group represents the area defined by the old 13th District boundaries.
The committee is the process of creating subcommittees to deal with:
- Political: to work with state legislators and aldermen
- Presence: positive loitering, neighborhood patrols
- Outreach: events, door to door
Follow-up: General membership meeting update and action items.Membership meeting
- After-school/summer programming: West Loop Soccer Club, School of Rock, City Epicurean Cake Camp
- Discussion about providing a speaking opportunity for candidates for governor. Follow-up: EVA to draft invitations to Daniel Biss, Bob Daiber, Chris Kennedy, Ameya Pawar, J.B. Pritzker, Bruce Rauner
- Groundbreaking for Field of Hope at Wells High School is May 20. Suggest presenting plans for ballfield construction during May meeting
- St. Bonifice update
Attendance: Michael VanDam, Peter Gariepy, Michelle Hayward, Brian Foote, Neal McKnight, Stephen Rynkiewicz, Anne Shaw.