Seven seeds to green building: July 2008 EVA minutes

General meeting minutes for July 1, 2008 Membership Meeting Submitted by Joe Hunnewinkel

Guest speaker was Theresa Minarik-Okuley, manager of Greenmaker Supply. Minarik-Okuley introduced members to a few samples of eco-friendly, recyclable and/or sustainable cleaning solutions, building materials and household items available through Greenmaker Supply.

She explained Greenmaker's philosophy of the "Seven Seeds," which convey the green attributes of materials and enable customers to easily choose which products best fit their green building needs:

  • energy intelligent

  • water wise

  • healthy interiors

  • recycled content

  • renewable materials

  • regional growth

  • lifecycle



Questions were asked by members relating to specific building needs as well as environmental solutions.

Members discussed options to raise interest in the upcoming EVA barbecue. Suggestions included a raffle, awards presentations, and games.

Board Meeting minutes for 7/8, 2008
Submitted by Joe Hunnewinkel


Attendance: Board members John Scheer, Brian Thompson, Joe Hunnewinkel
Rich Anselmo, Steve Rynkiewicz; Non-board member Margie Isaacson.

Members discussed August barbeque and established that mainly it would be a social event, but also an opportunity to sign up new members.

Greg Nagle will compose content of printed invitations, including recogniton to businesses that are supporting EVA in this event. Phil of Piccolo has agreed to handle printing, Joe and Margie will help with distribution. Steve will add invite to website. Joe will compose Evite. Steve and Brian will provide a list of current and past member contact info.

Dominick's will provide some funding. Happy Village will allow us to use the patio.
Boundary will donate food, and provide a chef. Piccolo will donate ice cream. Other businesses will be approached prior to printing/posting of invites.

Event will also be volunteer "pot-luck." Presenting awards or having a softball game during the barbecue would be distracting. Name tags will be provided. Alderman Flores will be honorable guest.

Chicago Avenue: Rich will contact Sally Timms regarding any progress.

Landmark monitoring: Process to report and correct – good attendance, a lot about what cannot be done and a lot about frustration. The two aldermen are to look into what they can do with permits and/ or building court fines. Next meeting in about two
months.

Articles for newsletter/ web site: Margie agreed to write resaurant review.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The webmaster must approve your comments. Please be neighborly.