About EVA: Neighbors Working Together
East Village Association meets at 7 p.m. on the first Monday of the month at the Happy Village Tavern, on the corner of Wolcott & Thomas streets.
The purpose of EVA shall be educational, social and civic. It is organized:
- To provide an opportunity for those who live in, work in, or identify with the social or business interests of the area, to work together for the common good of the community with a positive community spirit;
- To work for a cleaner, safer neighborhood
- To assemble and disseminate information about: neighborhood conditions, ways to eliminate unwholesome or blighting features, quality and availability of public and private community services, the law pertaining to these matters, and resources available for developing plans for conservation, redevelopment and general improvement of the community;
- To plan for the maintenance and improvement of both the physical and social environment of the community;
- To promote community discussion of these matters; To empower members to solve community problems.
Such activities shall be carried on without reference to race, creed, or national origin, and shall be in cooperation with governmental, religious, charitable, and other educational, civic, scientific, or community organization. The organization itself shall not become involved in campaigns for political office.