SIX CANDIDATES MEET IN 2ND WARD DEBATE
Candidates for alderman in Chicago’s 2nd Ward will answer questions submitted by residents at a 7 p.m. Feb 5 debate in the Wells Community Academy High School auditorium, 936 W. Ashland Ave.
The forum will be moderated by representatives from four West Town community organizations. Ward boundaries stretch from Lake Shore Drive to Oakley Boulevard and Huron Street to Wrightwood Avenue. Mayoral candidate Robert W. “Bob” Fioretti is the incumbent.
All six candidates in the ward confirm they will attend:
- Steve Niketopoulos - educational TV producer, local school council representative.
- Bita Buenrostro - executive with corporation that manages three Chicago area restaurants.
- Brian Hopkins - former aide to Cook County Commissioner John Daley.
- Alyx Pattison - lawyer, local school council representative , former aide to Rep. Jan Schakowsky.
- Cornell Wilson - lawyer, Marine Corps veteran.
- Stacey Pfingsten - former 2nd Ward aide, Preservation Chicago.
Doors open at 6:30 p.m. Debate will start at 7 p.m. and conclude by 8:30 p.m.